Other names: Black Labrador Retriever, Yellow Labrador Retriever, Chocolate Labrador Retriever, Silver Labrador Retriever, La
Labrador Retriever has its origins in Newfoundland, region located in eastern Canada.
Accurate data referring to how he came to populate Newfoundland breed is unknown. The first record of the breed registered, respectively, a letter written by a traveler in that region, dating from 1822.
Fishermen brought breed in Britain in the early nineteenth century. Initially, the dogs were divided into a variety of long fur, known as Newfoundland large and furry variety harsh, short called inferior or dogs Newfoundland St. John. Labrador Retriever today comes probably from this dog of St. John and the breed now known as Newfoundland Newfoundland large.
The breed was not originally used as a companion dog. Rather, Retriever was bred exclusively as hunters, a task for which they possessed superior qualities. Labrador Retriever was formally accepted into the English Kennel Club in 1903 and the American Kennel Club in 1917.
Over the years, the Golden Retriever became useful as guide dogs for the blind, deaf and other people with different disabilities due to intelligence, discipline and temperament balanced, and because of their ability to get along well with people .
They are trained as therapy dogs to bring relief to persons interned in asylums and children with emotional disorders. Military forces and police intrebuintat this breed for their smell sophistication in making all criminals, drugs, weapons, bombs and for identifying people trapped under the rubble produced by earthquakes or other disasters ago.
Group: hounds or sporting dogs (AKC). The breed is recognized by the following organizations and international offices: CKC, FCI, AKC, UKC, KCGB, CKC, ANKC, NKC, NZKC, CCR, APRI, ACR.
2. Food Labrador
Regarding genetically inherited diseases, you should know that Labrador is a race where the hip-femoral dysplasia incidence is very high, so it is necessary to make sure that the chicken comes from parents radiographs. Being prone to obesity, its growth should be monitored so as to not get overweight, which increases the risk of dysplasia.
Also, a too high intake of substances of protein is not desirable. Another health problem that may occur is progressive retinal atrophy (PRA). And this disease can be evidenced by tests that show how that forms imaginea.Exista four main directions in nutrition this race, which must take into account. Thus, special attention should be paid to:
1. protecting the coat and skin;
2. avoiding overweight;
3. preventing problems osteo-articular;
4. maintaining visual acuity and cognitive function.
3. Description Labrador
There are two types of Labradors, English and American. The English Labrador breed comes from England, the British fund the race. Their appearance is different, the massive and stumpy. American Labrador breed comes from the US fund labradors, being taller and dry. Labrador Retriever a medium sized dog, powerful, well-connected, longer than tall possessing a conformation balanced, athletic, with senses well developed aspects that allow him to fulfill the duties of hunting dog recovered and family member.
Labrador Retriever shows a wide head, prominent nose and a pronounced stop. The neck is muscular and strong. The eyes are brown or hazel, with an intelligent expression. Pendulous ears are of medium size. His limbs shows a well defined bone structure, ending with legs fitted with an interdigital membrane, more developed than other breeds, which helps to swimming.
The coat is double, short, rough, thick and waterproof, with a different color: black, yellow and chocolate. It is said to be a silver or gray variety that AKC considers a shade of chocolate.
This color is very controversial. Some experts believe that the result of interbreeding with Weimeriner, while others believe that would be the result of genetic mutations.
The breed shows an otter tail that is thick at the base and taper to take a peak is covered entirely with hair. Lines for competitions and exhibitions are more massive and more docile as temperament than land lines.
The dog can also provide their own hygiene will thus relieving minimal maintenance work coat. Without a regular brushing the hair especially in some areas where it is more likely to violate; will lead to a decline in health and thus offering dog coat discomfort. Careful brushing of the coat and especially the sub-coat should be performed once a week to remove all dead hairs and to keep shedding under better control. Occasionally, there might be bathe without problems, even though the shampoo is good to be used as moderate and low enough not to damage the waterproof feature of the coat. Most often a simple wading or swimming in a nearby river is sufficient to clean the dog's coat, as long as you will not mind the smell of wet dog so that you will get.
His ears should be checked regularly for signs of parasites or infections. Dogs that have ears drooping soft and must be frequently inspected for this part of their body will be more prone to injuries and accidents, but also to infection or irritation. Also when I remove the water after bathing should make sure they are completely dry.
Labrador adult site shows a height of 56-61 cm at the withers the male and the female 53-58 and a weight of 27-34 kg and 25-32 kg male to female. Some males can reach a weight up to 45 kg and more.
4. Behavior Labrador
Labrador Retriever breed dogs are particularly receptive to praise, easy to train if you will turn to positive education methods. They are loving, affectionate, immediately you get attached to them and are very patient, essential trait for hunting dogs. Extremely intelligent, loyal, they have a strong will and need constant physical and mental challenges to keep fit.
Labrador Retriever puppies are lively, have a positive temperament and loves to play, especially thanks to the passion for swimming water. Behaved children, you can trust you to let young children because they have no aggressive tendencies and their support from any forms of teasing. And demonstrate frugality with other dogs, being tolerant and gentle, Labrador Retriever breed dogs will not be the ones to initiate a conflict.
Labrador Retriever Dogs crave attention and people crave any manifestation of their worn condition, needing to feel that they are effectively part of the family. Not bear to stay alone too long, if this happens can have destructive tendencies. They are easily trained from an early age you'll have to learn to not pull on the leash, with strong necks. Rarely are reserved with strangers, especially if they have not been properly socialized puppies.
Labrador Retriever breed dogs are slightly more dominant and more independent than the Golden Retriever. Only a few of their talents are hunting, taking all and the contribution of prey, active participation in police work to detect narcotics, guide dog for the blind, are part of teams of search and rescue accident victims are champions diverde competitions of agility.
Dog Labrador Retriever is one of the best choices if you are looking for a family dog and a devoted companion due to milder mood, loving. Possess a wire balanced and remarkably versatile, adapting easily to meet a wide range of tasks, but also just be an adorable pet. Usually tend not to be overly territorial, aggressive, destructive or hypersensitive. As the name suggests breed dogs make excellent contribution and thanks to this feature instinctively loves to keep objects or master's hand in the mouth, can do this with a special finesse. UNGASS are prone to chew objects, although they can not be easily trained to do so.
I love playing, are quick and athletic, and that do not know what fear sometimes require a firm attitude of those who dreseaza it is not allowed to take control. Labrador Retriever breed dogs mature around the age of 3 years, before this age will present a significant degree of childlike energy, sometimes construed as being hyperactive. Particularly intelligent, open minded approach new things constantly crave for attention and human interaction, that seem to never tire.
Although sometimes will bark at a sound, especially if you can not see the source of the noise, Labrador retrievers are not territorial and often are kind and friendly to strangers, just so they are not recommended as guard dogs. Stable temperament and ability to quickly learn new things, make the perfect choice Labrador Retriever dog as a member of the rescue teams and search for victims in police work or narcotics detection and therapy dog.
5. Training Labrador
Natures are very enthusiastic and will require a considerable amount of exercise and outdoor exercise to keep them healthy. In the first three years of life will behave like little puppies and is well eat them fully energy. The minimum limit will be two rides a day on a leash with a strong hand. Labradors have pronounced shoulders and neck muscles and you will succeed easily yanked off balance by a leash if you do not pay attention. Besides the walks will need a space to move freely; but this court will be secured with a fence to prevent the dog to run away or strangers or other animals being boosted by their excellent hunting dog.
Swimmers are extraordinary and will fulfill these talents at every opportunity that they are offered, whether it's swimming pools, rivers, ponds or lakes. But do not expect that these small dogs to swim perfectly, they need some time to get used to the water. For starters it is best to take your dog in areas with little water as deep as one can get when tired or does not want to swim.
They will mature faster physically than mentally, and only from the age of three years we can say about them that they are adults. As you get older it will not be as exuberant, but calm.
His energetic nature will lead to a series of behaviors that must be corrected as observed; as jumping on guests or family members as a sign of affection. Dogs are large, have a certain weight and is, keep it under control to avoid unwanted accidents or even embarrassing moments.
Consistent and positive rewards for appropriate behavior are strengths of any effective training. While a coach can maintain the same consistency in behavior towards the dog, praising good behavior and punishing bad ones; Labrador will form usually a pattern of behavior according to family members adoption. Thus, if a family member will prohibit jumping on people and the other will allow it, he will jump further because of mixed messages.
Therefore it is better that all family members have the same attitude towards certain behaviors and to know all the limits and rules dressage dog. The rewards you can give your dog during training can be both verbal (praise) and gestures (caresses). Offering food rewards for appropriate behavior will not be the best idea because they tend to take the easy weight and will encourage towards this direction.
6. Characteristics Labrador
A dog breed Labrador Retriever is not a difficult equation to solve food. How you choose to feed with dry food, industrial or home-prepared food, is up to you, but the breed itself does not belong among those demanding. You can easily find on the labels on the packaging presentation with feeding dogs indications referring to Labrador, these animals are very popular in the space of language and English culture. In fact, feeding peculiarities of a Labrador Retriever were often used by food manufacturers dog food formulas chosen as standard. Just for a proper feeding, balanced and healthy should keep in mind a few rules. Some of them are presented below, you can get a few more will in consultation with your veterinarian.
• It is very important that your dog Labrador to create a routine that you observe when it comes to food, so looking to set specific times for meals and serving a specific place for them to respect aspects that;
• Never turn a dog when it feeds. Dogs in general and Labradors are no exception, become peevish when disturbed during both feed. These animals are always available connection between food and survival process. It is a powerful instinct that I can not block;
• Ensure that food is portioned into small pieces dog. A Labrador dog is big appetite excellence and tends to ignore chewing thoroughly feed, preferring to swallow the pieces, even those too large. There is a danger to obstruct the trachea and if the pieces of food are too high;
• Food for a Labrador dog to be served at room temperature. Do not overdo it with the heater and not a dog served directly from the refrigerator. In such cases, quite often, can cause indigestion;
• If you have a Labrador dog that, on certain days, does not look like it would be starved, is not necessarily a problem. Perhaps that day did not perform dynamic activities and has not consumed energy reserves. Such cases are rare, for a Labrador is "eating" par excellence, but it can happen. Dogs digestion slower than people and the food is processed more slowly in their stomachs. In such cases do not leave dog food available to more than 30 minutes. Be careful with this rule especially in the warm season, when food bowl can quickly attract flies, and they infest food;
• Once you have determined the type of dog food suitable for your Labrador, not allow it to be limited only to a few pieces. The dog must eat everything that is put in bowl. Otherwise, you let it become choosy and you will face "Arsenal" or sophisticated and consistent "begging techniques." Surely you do not want a dog of medium / big as a Labrador Retriever to jump at the kitchen table or countertop for a tasty morsel of food the family;
• Remember to provide fresh water after every meal Labrador. Even if you find tiring impose your tank water to wash with hot water every day. The best are stainless steel vessels (are the easiest to clean The crop against bacterial), moderately high and wide mouth;
• Limit your dog's access to space or container for storage of household waste. You probably know that a dog, purebred or not, is able to eat almost anything, and a Labrador - curious animal, and greedy opportunist par excellence - will behave the same. It is also good to know that Labradors tend to chew objects, even those obviously non-edible. Beware To combat such behavior;
• Do not allow young children to eat different snacks or desserts around Labrador dog. Although a gentle relationship with the kids, the dog Labrador, especially specimens younger than 3 years (basically, some older children) will not be afraid to "steal" wafer or chocolate youngest Biscuit / youngest. Besides that certain foods (especially chocolate, cocoa creams) are totally contraindicated with a dog, you can create tensions between children and dog.
7. Health Labrador
Although they are a generally healthy breed, Labradors can have predisposition to such conditions who suffer most large dogs, hip dysplasia or shoulder. They may have problems with eyes, Progressive Retinal Atrophy, which is one of the most serious eye disease that can occur in this breed.
Because of their healthy and seemingly unlimited appetite they are prone to obesity; so you have to offer them tiny tables and to keep them under control weight.